Sat 12th & Sun 13th Feb
I totally underestimated how much I needed a break and also realised just how hard I have been working recently! Having the most wonderful time spending lots of quality time with the boys and also my parents.
It was a gloriously sunny day on Saturday and we hired bikes and on Sunday it tipped it down so we hung out in the indoor swimming pool – literally all day! Boys had to be dragged away kicking and screaming from the pool, its been so nice to hang out in our villa in the evenings, chatting, reading the papers etc and its been lovely having 9 hours sleep most nights - although woke up at 415am today and decided to get up to do some work so I can enjoy a full day pretty much with the boys!
Here is what I ate / did / drank over the weekend:
- 7am Boys woke me up, had a coffee, organic milk and 1 sugar
- 8am took boys to froglets swimming lesson
- 850am Had a carrot, apple & lemon juice (yes bought juicer on holiday with me!)
- 920am ate a small bowl of porridge – wish I hadn’t, I need to leave longer between juice and my body always prefers savoury breakfasts
- 10am picked up bikes, rode up and down quite a few hills, outside all morning, was really good fun!
- 1pm Had a boiled egg salad with spinach, cucumber and tomato, home made dressing, 2 x corn crisps and some hoummas.
- 2pm Had a VERY nice oat and treacle biscuit (Taste the difference range and could have eaten 4 of them!
- 3pm Had a small coffee before heading out for the afternoon on the bikes
- 545pm A handful of cashew nuts and about 5 pringles
- 715pm Boys went to bed early so I had a nice dinner at the villa with Mum and Dad. Had wheat free pasta with meatballs and Lloyd Grossman tomato/garlic sauce – was SO nice. Between 715pm and 945pm had about 3 glasses of very nice red wine with my parents and put the world to rights :o)
- 10pm Bed
- 645am Woke up and had a coffee as above
- 735am Carrot, apple & lemon juice
- 840am Deliberately waited longer and just had a piece of organic wholemeal toast with some peanut butter
- Spent the morning at the big swimming pool with the boys
- 1115am Coffee and 1 bite of an oat flapjack
- 1pm Had a chicken caesar salad at Café Rouge with my parents whilst boys slept in buggy. We all shared 1 portion of chips. Could have chosen something more substantial but conscious of the fact I drank last night and there are treats around I am going to be tempted with so chose a healthier option/raw food.
- 230pm 2 x GU chocolate mini rolls (see what I mean!) These are SO delicious, be very careful starting these!
- 545pm Had a few cashew nuts / pringles as last night.
- 6pm Had some turkey goujons, sweet potato mash, garden peas with a little bit of gravy. ½ glass of white wine
- 730pm Had another ½ glass of white wine
- 8pm Ate a small packet of chocolate buttons
- 830pm Ate one of those oat/ treacle biscuits!
- 9pm Bed
What I would say is that I am really enjoying having some wine on my holiday. However, when I get back I am going to have another month off like I did in January as I don’t feel as clear in my head when I drink. On holiday that is fine (in fact it is lovely!) so I want to chill out as much as possible this week and then have a really focused / sober end of Feb / March.
Have checked out the running trails, and despite them being hilly, I am going to get out there and get some distance done this morning / tomorrow... Have more energy now I am relaxed & rested!
Hope you all had a great weekend!